Millers Court | Birmingham
Trident was appointed by Wolfs Block Management Ltd as Contract Administrator for external redecoration and repair works to Block B at Millers Court of Scribbans Close, Smethwick. The project was successfully completed in January 2019, under budget and on programme.
The project encompassed the refurbishment, repairs and redecoration of the external envelope as well as cleaning down of the entire roof areas and rainwater goods.
The refurbishment, redecoration and repair were undertaken to the roof valleys, timber fascia’s, mock Tudor timber frames located to rendered elevation walls and included the decoration of the steel balustrade handrails to the first floor walkway balcony.
Works also included the replacement of the existing ceiling system and flooring to the balcony and replacement of decayed timber joists directly above the walkway, following woodworm treatment to the timber joists.
Trident liaised with all existing tenant bodies and ensured the project was delivered in a timely manner. Trident successfully managed the handover process to the full satisfaction of the client.
- Water ingress to the property.
- Delivery within a tight financial budget and under the contract sum value.
- Working within an inner-city area, with a high crime rate.
- Managing Health and Safety on site, including undertaking the role of Principal Designer.
- Managing the time frame for the works, in accordance with poor weather conditions due to the time of year.
- No base build construction information to show previous works undertaken to the property.