As we go into 2021 with cautious optimism over news of a vaccine, we must still be vigilant on sites, when surveying buildings and with each other.
Due to the nature of our work, a large percentage of our surveying and site-based work is located within sufficient space for adequate social distancing and is consequently low risk. Therefore, we are still operating as normal providing there is space in buildings and on sites, meaning there will be no delay with the service you normally receive from Trident. We remain vigilant and are carefully following the Government’s advice on hygiene and movement.
We can confirm that we are taking the following precautions:
- We will only carry out surveys where sufficient space for adequate social distancing is available.
- If necessary, to meet someone on site or at a building, we always maintain social distancing measures (2m distance).
- We will wear high viz vests to enable people to be able to see us clearly, and to make it clear that we are on a working visit.
- PPE including hard hats, disposable overalls, safety glasses, safety footwear, gloves and relevant face masks are provided to all our on-site staff, and will be used when any chance of encountering the public is present.
To enable us to carry out our site visits safely, we ask you to confirm the following:
- Is the building or site on private land or public land?
- Will anyone be meeting us?
- Is there any occupier or public access through or near the survey area?
- Are there any access issues hindering lone working?
Having the answers to the above helps us better prepare for risk assessments and method statements for our building and site visits and helps maintain safe working distances.
Your co-operation in this matter is very appreciated.
If you have any questions or queries on this matter, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 07775 944663.