Trident undertakes the role of Employer’s Agent when a project is being procured on a design and build contract basis and primarily through the JCT Design and Build Contract.
We have experienced staff undertaking the Employer’s Agent role from our offices throughout the UK and Ireland managing and co-ordinating the contractual procedures on both new building and refurbishment design and build projects.
In managing a project from inception, through planning, design and construction stages to practical completion and providing the essential link between client and contractor, our work includes:
- Appraisal of sites, arrangement of site investigations and surveys
- Selection and appointment of consultants and design team
- Project definition
- Feasibility study, cost plan and cash flow
- Project execution plan
- Project organisation, roles and responsibilities
- Project strategy and programme
- Liaison with third parties
- Arrange applications for consents and licenses
- Implement control procedures for costs, time and quality
- Advise on contracts and warranties
- Selection and appointment of contractors
- Risk identification and management
- Administer the building contract
- Prepare progress and financial reports
- Arrange and chair principals and project team meetings
- Issue instructions, certificates and notices
- Manage testing, commissioning and handover.