Building Information Modelling (BIM) or digital delivery is fundamentally a collaborative way of working that is powered by 3D digital design and data. BIM is intrinsic to our design and delivery process across all projects at Trident. We have years of experience in design, delivery and construction in the UK plus we have an in-depth understanding of how to deliver its benefits across the project and after completion of the project.
We as a standard deliver BIM level 2 on all our projects. Trident has recently delivered a £30m Laboratory project in Level 2 BIM from inception stage (0) to post-handover phase stage (7). We comply with Publicly Available Specifications (PAS) standards, specifications, codes of practice and guidelines set out by British Standards Institution (BSI).
As a multi-disciplinary organisation, efficient and fluid coordination is stimulated across the design team to create unified virtual models rich in data. BIM has evidently increased design, cost, construction and operation efficiency throughout project’s life cycle.
Employer’s BIM Representative Role
As BIM consultants we guide our clients and the design team to navigate the BIM process from inception to completion and beyond. We strive to simply explain and document ‘the BIM journey’ through a project to make the process as simple and uncomplicated so all are clear on the output and expectations. Our role as BIM consultants is to advise what is expected and realistically achievable as part of this process. Our services as part of this process are outlined below:
- Create bespoke Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR)
- Create bespoke BIM Execution Plans (BEP) and Master Information Plan Delivery Plans (MIDP)
- Invitation to Tender (ITT) support and evaluation
- Clash detection monitoring and clash avoidance strategies
- Data migration strategies and asset data definition – Asset Information Model (AIM)
- Project BIM Coordinator – Model management planning and standard monitoring
- Digital room loading and room data sheets, design and construction management advice
- 6D BIM – facility management and operation strategies’