Mount Pleasant Halls | Cambridge
The proposal for the redevelopment of the existing site, comprised of the demolition of the existing office building and construction a replacement three storey building containing 272 rooms for students, common rooms and communal facilities.
The development is a joint venture between Osborne Developments and the Howard Group. The building will be completed in the summer of 2019. Trident Building Consultancy has been appointed to provide full cost management services.
- The building is within a conservation are and the scale, height and form of buildings needed to respect the surroundings
- Complex ground engineering with level differences across the site
- Provision of en-suite and studio rooms across four separate blocks to meet St Edmund’s College’s growing demand for high-quality, well-located accommodation in the City Centre.
- Complex planning application with scrutiny from Cambridge City Council’s Design and Conservation Panel.
- Phased construction with separate demolition contract.
- Negotiated Two Stage tender process with work packages procured within budget in a very restricted timescale.